Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Three Signs of a Miserable Job: A Fable for Managers - Patrick Lencioni

Book Review, Lesson
Why do we read books? Most of us read it for fun and this book gives you fun and much more. When I picked this book from Library, I thought it is a Management Book. I was right, it is a Management book which is much more entertaining than a fiction. The book is divided into 4 parts, three parts are written as fiction and 4th part has practical implementation and examples justifying the theory.

According to this book there are three reasons why a job is miserable - Immeasurement (yes, Immeasurement is the word author used), Irrelevance and Anonymity. I don't want to explain the factors but all I can say is it helps everyone; be it a teacher, a janitor or a CEO. All you need do is a will to make your life enjoyable

I am trying to implement the learning in my life. I have already started charting things which I need to measure and how many people are affected by my actions. Do read this book to add more meaning to your life.

Recommendation - YES

Happy Reading,
Love,
Saru

 

No comments:

Post a Comment